Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A TWILIGHT 11 YR OLD BIRTHDAY PARTY

This party took place July 27... I know, I know that was like forever ago but hey at least I got around to this now!!! 
I got this party idea from http://funkidspartyideas.com/TwilightParty.html



As you saw, Kendelle and I made her cake... something we usually do.
I went ahead and let her open this present before the party because it came in handy during the party.






Here we took the idea of the party table, unfortunately this picture came out way dark because of us darkening the room for the ambiance.
I found a twilight table cloth at party city with the characters pics on it. I took plastic red apples (walmart). I purchased several glass containers at our local thrift store to put cherry hersey kisses with the vampire kiss or werewolf kiss on the bottom, twizzlers, hot tamales etc. Put red roses in a vase.  Put satin black and red ribbons, chess pieces (dollar store), framed pictures of the characters (frames dollar store, pics offline) and added red and black balloons.



I purchased a huge roll of plastic papering that was black with stars (yay twilight)... here is part of it




This pic shows the balloons on the ceiling. My very intelligent and creative daughter, Acacia 18, noticed that when she put 2 long mirrors next to each other and stood in just the right spot away from them, you can't see your reflection. She put a sign on the floor for the girls to read. It said "you are amongst vampires, stand here and look into the mirror to find out if you are one too!"  That sure was a success!! Kendelle's presents were placed in front of the mirrors. 




Here is a pic of the twinkle lights we strung up for the "prom scene"






I put this pic here to show the streamers hanging from the "doorway". We sprayed each girl when they came in the door with silver glitter spray so they could sparkle like  diamonds ( like edward in the meadow)!!! In the invite we had each girl wear black and red.






Here, are some of the girls looking into their gift bags. In them I put a race car hotwheel (like edwards), a fork (ha ha), a red bead necklace, a small roll of bandage (bella was always hurting herself), a chess piece, big red gum and a book mark we made from the pattern on the website.




Heres the cake lite up!!! I just had to add this!




Here they are playing that 'eclipse' game.




This party was such a hit!!! The kids talked about it for quite awhile!!!
Good ideas if you have a girlie that loves twilight or hey a ADULT PARTY cuz lots of us love TWILIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment