Friday, July 9, 2010

Its all fun until you figure out IT REALLY ISN'T! (the rafting adventure)

This little adventure started from a NOT so bright idea Lane had. He and I ended up stuck in Bishop, Cali when our car was being bull headed and wouldn't work. Leading Lane and I to stay there in a hotel with a pool. So your asking yourself "whats with the stuff about a car and hotel?" right? Well, I bought a raft at the kmart so we could swim in the pool at the hotel. This gets him thinking about the river here that Danny has told him about going down when he and his friend Thomas were young.....
            Dan comes with Kendelle to pick us up and Lane talks Dan into buying two more rafts from kmart so he, kendelle and I can go down this river. I'm thinking  "this could be cool, I love the water!!" Well, thats what I thought before this story began....
Here is Kendelle in the raft, looking pretty excited huh?! To the left is me trying to get into my own raft with NO help cuz Dan is taking a picture! 
Ha Ha now Dan is holding Kendelles rope so she doesn't float away. NOTE: Lane took this one, I was STILL trying to get into my raft without falling into the water. I don't know why I was worried about falling in cuz we were all in bathingsuits!
Ok! Now we are off! When I got into my raft, I floated by kendelle, grabbed her rope and we started to float down the river. Here Dan took a pic of Lane. After this Lane was yelling at me and kendelle to wait for him, what?!! How are we suppose to do what??? Dan had given us each a stick, lol, so we could stear before we left.
                           On each side of the river is either tall bushy trees with stickers or tall grass stuff that reminded me of bamboo. I ended up grabbing ahold of the bamboo stuff long enough for lane to catch up to me and kendelle ( I had ahold of kendelles rope). We continued on are way and was just getting our groove on when the current started pulling kendelle towards the side with the sticker branches!! I tried so hard to steer us away from them but kendelle ended up going under them and stratching her back and I, well I went under them too, only I flipped backwards out of my raft!!! Good thing the river wasn't moving to fast, I climbed into my float without to much of a hassle.
                           For the next half hour we do pretty good staying away from the sides of the river. We are having fun, Lane more than us because kendelle and I kept drifting towards the sides. And then the fun we thought we were having turned out to being NOT SO MUCH FUN, when lanes raft starts to deflate!!! He swims for kendelles raft and gets in with her and she is sooo not happy about that one bit!  A few more minuates and I find that indeed my raft is deflating too!!!  Awww, crap! There is no way that I'm going to fit on that other raft with both of them too! So I grab the raft lane had that still had the air in the bottom of it and added it to mine and swam with them both.... we had been in the water an hour at this point.
                  I had to swim hard to keep myself from the sides which brought another danger besides the sticker bushes, the other side was trying to suck me under a shelf it had... I swam pretty hard and ended up leaving the kids raft behind but if I tried to stop and wait I got sucked under.... I swam for what felt like forever and kept seeing other parts of the river I could take and I was getting scared that I went the wrong way and would be trapped in this river forever!!! Maybe I was just delirious from the heat, being tired and being lonely! I swam to the side where I saw a place to climb out. I grabbed onto the side and hauled myself to the side with both nearly deflated rafts. I then proceed to puke my guts out cuz I was so exhausted (grosss!). I'm sittin there waiting to hear lane and kendelle and I get nothing. I decide to leave one of the rafts and swim some more. (when kendelle and lane floated by later, he and kendelle saw that raft I left and lane told kendelle I drowned making kendelle cry) I'm swimming again and this goes on until I start cussing and grab up the side of the river again at some branches. I have to use all my arm muscles to pull myself out cuz there is no side to use my legs on. I'm thinking it was adrenaline cuz I have no arm muscles!!! I start walking away from the river and then think twice cuz I had no shoes on and where the heck would I end up???
                           Walking back towards the river I see a truck drive off on a road down where I had floated by and just then I heard kendelle yell " LANE GET ME OUT!!!! THROW ME TO THE SIDE!!!" I hurry to the place I heard her and shes bawling and freezing like me and lane floats by all smiles and says he doesn't know what our problem is cuz hes having fun! Kendelle and I walked over to the dirt road that truck went down and started to walk down it, went around a bend and saw that the bridge where we were suppose to float to was like 3 more bends in the river! GGGRRRR we were almost there! Kendelle and I ran down the road to the bridge with the bugs biting us. Lane was there waiting and teasing us about bailing out to early.
Here is the pic Danny took as lane floated under the bridge to him. I am soooo not listening to lanes bright ideas anymore! Well not for awhile anyways! 

No comments:

Post a Comment